LoConte Ice Rink
= Unavailable = Available
97 Locust Street
Medford, MA 02155
Contact: Recreation Dept.
|The Recreation Department is currently constructing information about LoConte Rink. Please refer to Medford Public Schools for accurate information about the Rink.
|LoConte Rink was built in 1974 and operated by the State Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) until 2010 when it was leased to the City of Medford. This full sized hockey rink has a spectator viewing area, lobby, and locker rooms. The concession stand and ice skate sharpening is operated by the Medford Youth Hockey program as a means to fund their program.
The rink is home to the Medford Mustangs, along with Medford Youth Hockey and Medford Figure Skating.
|Public Skate and Puck & Stick Schedule
|To view the Public Skate and Puck & Stick Schedule, please click HERE.
LoConte Rink has FREE public skating from November-March. While at the rink, please adhere to the following...
- It is recommended children wear a helmet while skating.
- One way skating at all times (stay to the right).
- Ice Skates required.
- Please follow the directions from facility staff and skate guard.
- Please remember this is a family friendly event. Cursing or disregarding facility rules will result in removal from the facility.
- Hockey sticks and pucks are not allowed during this time. Please see Puck & Stick schedule for the times allowed.
Puck & Stick
During this time, the rink is open to the public to use their hockey sticks and pucks. Helmets, cage, mouth guard, and protective gear is required to be worn.
|Birthday Parties at LoConte Rink
|Book your next birthday party at LoConte Rink! Birthday Parties includes...
- 45 minutes of skating
- 1 Hour in the Lobby
- Tables will be set up in the lobby to place food / cake
- Please provide your own food, decorations, table cloths, and utensils.
- Invite up to 25 people
To make a reservation request, please fill out the form below and send to Danny Fowkes at email@example.com. Please allow a two week notice so the Recreation Department has time to schedule staff and confirm the reservation.
LoConte Rink Birthday Party Request
|If you would like to reserve LoConte Rink for practice, games, tournaments, events, etc.... Please fill out the Reservation Request below. Please note the following...
1) Priority is given to Medford Athletics and Medford Youth Hockey. Reservations cannot be approved until the Recreation Department receives the schedule from both organizations.
2) We cannot guarantee the ability to reschedule due to a facility closure such as inclement weather.
3) Renters will be required to submit a Certificate of Insurance, naming the City of Medford as additionally insured.
4) A two weeks notice must be given if cancelling your reservation to receive a refund.
50 minute time block: $200
To reserve the hockey rink, please fill our a Reservation Request below.
LoConte Rink Reservation Request
|Complete Rink Schedule
|You can view the current Rink Schedule. You can use this calendar to know when time might be available for Birthday Parties or Rentals.
View Complete Rink Schedule
Click on an activity name for details or the date for the activity schedule.
There are no activities happening on the selected dates.